Saturday, July 7, 2012

Welcome to the World, Jordan Lofthouse


Sarah, Tim and I just got back from a wonderful visit with a family that are among the best people we know. They had a daughter, Zoe, two and a half years ago after quite a few years of trying and were convinced that was going to be it for them. But, of course, Mother Nature had something entirely different in mind for them (as she often does) and they were blessed with a son this past week, whom they named Jordan. He is a real "Yankee Doodle Dandy", born on the fourth of July in the wee small hours of the morning and boy oh boy is he a cutie. We were very lucky to get to see and hold him so early in his life, only a little over ninety hours after he made his appearance. He's a very calm and collected little guy and we could not be happier for our friends, Alex and Julie Lofthouse. They were kind enough to let me use their names on my blog, but - understandably - preferred not to have any photos put up for public consumption, so here is my rendering of the happy family:

The Lofthouses welcome their newest member!

Sarah helped with the hair. Otherwise, she is completely off the hook for this "sketch".

Julie is taking a few months off with Jordan but after New Year's it will be Alex' turn and I hope he has even 10% as much fun being a stay-at-home Dad as I did. We were lucky enough to meet up with them at the Kiwanis pool last Monday and then have them over for a barbecue and a relaxing evening. Just over twenty-four hours after they left us their son was born. Hopefully Alex, Zoe and I will get back to the pool once or twice while he's off work for the next couple of weeks, too. Zoe, by the way, is completely smitten with her new brother; when we went to visit them tonight she couldn't wait to show us her "baby". She is going to be a terrific big sister.

We've only been home an hour or so and already we miss little Jordan. We're thrilled for our friends and are ready for our next round of babysitting duties, whenever they want to take us up on the offer. In the meantime, I plan on sneaking as much Toronto Maple Leaf paraphernalia into Jordan's room as I can, because his Dad is a die-hard Ottawa Senators fan. I guess it really is true that nobody's perfect!

Congratulations to Julie, Alex and Zoe, and thanks for letting us come and see Jordan so quickly!

2 comments:

  1. It's always so amazing to see a baby that young! He's a great addition to their family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The odd thing about Jordan is he seems like he's already used to the world. That says a lot about the family he joined. :)

      Delete

I've kept my comments open and moderation-free for many years, but I've been forced to now review them before they post due to the actions of one member of my family. I apologize for having to take this stance, but that's the way the world is headed, sad to say. Thank you for your understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...